- 233 Park Avenue South
- $31,510.00 -49,030.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
112 E 12th St
Position: Head Bartender / Mixologist
Reports to: Restaurant Director
Work Hours:Permanent, Full Time
Defined as elegant yet approachable dining through the passion and commitment of a team of award-winning chefs, renowned managers and wine directors, two exciting new restaurants housed in Union Square, are currently conducting a nationwide search for a talented mixologist to join us in the role of Head Bartender. Located at the crossroads of Park Avenue South and 19th Street, these restaurant concepts will offer two unique experiences built on a foundation of shared values and sensibilities.
Believing that the soul of a great restaurant is found in the kitchen, both venues will feature menus showcasing high quality, fresh product at its seasonal best. With the goal of offering inspired guest experiences, two special and unique beverage programs will be a primary focus to complement the menu offerings. An elegant seafood restaurant will feature a sleek and spacious bar/lounge to become one of the area s premier destinations for a craft cocktail or glass of wine. An all-day Italian concept will feature a cozy and comfortable space offering a beverage selection blending both traditional Italian offerings with contemporary new world creations.
The Head Bartender will curate, develop, and oversee the bar, cocktail and spirit program at both venues. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing a cutting-edge cocktail program that caters to a diverse clientele, including those seeking both inventive cocktails and traditional spirits. The Head Bartender will work closely with the Beverage Manager on ordering, inventories, managing beverage cost, and assisting with the schedule for both outlets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(other duties may be assigned as required)
- Oversees day-to-day bar operations
- Maintains exceptional bar cleanliness and equipment to optimal specifications and as mandated by the health department
- Serves as an educator, as well as an inspirational, committed and responsible leader to the restaurant's FOH teams
- Prepares for and inspires staff to deliver a memorable beverage experience nightly
- Designs creative and elevated custom cocktails, while being well versed in classic cocktail culture
- Delivers superior customer service through effective training and education
- Develops a strong rapport with agents and distillers
- Assists in monthly inventory, maintaining bar par stocks and assist with weekly ordering
- Participates and assists in the execution of special projects as required
- Assists in the bar schedules
- Oversees all inventory, including the weekly beverage order
- Helps manage beverage costs to maintain business levels and profitability
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years of experience tending bar in a high end, fast paced environment
- Experience curating and managing inventory with both fiscal responsibility and award garnering intentions
- Possesses solid background knowledge of spirits, contemporary cocktails, etc.
- Previous experience on a restaurant opening team is an asset
- Highly committed to a premium level of quality
- Skilled at developing and creating beverage experiences that drive customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to analyze current business problems and implement recommended solutions
- A solutions provider committed to a vision of service to create an ultimate guest experience
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Excellent planning, organizational and problem solving skills
- Comfortable dealing with VIP guests
- It is essential to have the flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to apply. This position will remain open until filled.
More detail about 233 Park Avenue South, please visit
Associated topics: bartender, beverage service, club bartender, cocktail service, drink, license, pool, pub bartender, sommelier, wine
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...