WEEKEND HELP NEEDED! We have clients to staff all over Austin & Surrounding communities. North/Central/West/South Austin territories. Winner of 2017 Best of Home Care's Provider of Choice, our Caregivers are proven to be the best in the business. We're looking for the same high caliber kind hearts to join our already phenomenal team.
Responsibilities of the nursing assistant include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Provide client care as directed by the Director of Nursing or registered nurse supervisor.
2. Provide personal care:
Bathing, Grooming, including oral care
Assist the client with dressing and undressing
Assist the client with toileting activities
Assist in feeding the client, if necessary
Feed clients who are unable to feed themselves
Take and record vital signs (temperature, pulse, respirations and blood pressure)
Measure and record height and weight, if necessary.
Support good skin care to prevent skin breakdown (i.e. turn and reposition client, actively encourage movement)
Assist client with active and passive range of motions as defined by the plan of care
Provide client with help walking and transferring
Observe client s physical, mental and emotional conditions Report any change to the Director of Nursing or nursing supervisor ii. Document observed changes
Measure and document intake and output, if necessary
Assist client in the self- administration of medication (medication reminder)
Perform light housekeeping
Perform meal preparation and clean up
Change bed linens and make up the client s bed
Maintain an orderly client environment.
3. Follow principles of infection control and Universal Precautions.
4. Identifies and participates in performance improvement activities. 5. Provide transport to doctor appointments, outside activities and shopping.
6. Participates in client teaching according to the client s plan of care.
7. Assist in providing a safe environment and promote quality patient care through adherence to established policies, procedures and standards.
8. Ensure client s rights are adhered to. These include but are not limited to:
a. the right to privacy and dignity while care is being provided
b. the right to accept or refuse care
c. the right to confidentiality of their information
9. Respond rapidly and appropriately in an emergency situation
10. Use equipment properly and in a safe manner.